Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking a Communications Coordinator. This is a part-time (25 hours per week) position responsible for all communications from and about Wesley United Methodist Church that is disseminated both internally within our church membership and staff and externally to the community regarding worship opportunities, events, schedules, activities, educational offerings, mission opportunities, and services available. This includes print material, the web, digital, social media, and other developing technologies and public relations.
This position needs to be someone who is easily visible, identifiable, and accessible to the congregation and volunteers. When necessary, availability may be needed by cell phone, email, and arranged appointments at the church. Start date is negotiable, but sometime in May 2017 is preferred.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English/journalism, or a related communications field. Excellent written and verbal skills and familiarity with Windows computers, desktop publishing software (Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, and Photoshop), web design, and social media solutions. Keeping current with the latest communication media techniques is a key to success in this position.
Resume and portfolio showing writing and design examples should be emailed to the church office (firstname.lastname@example.org), by Wednesday, April 12.
Communication Coordinator – Primary Job Duties:
- Write, design, and produce print communications including monthly News of Wesley.
- Digital communications: write weekly e-newsletter, email bursts, and internal announcements.
- Create and publish the slides for the Lobby Displays.
- Write Bulletin Announcements and create announcement slides that are shown before and after services on Sunday mornings.
- Oversee all parts of the Sunday Bulletin that are not a part of the Order of Worship.
- Maintain up-to-date print brochure on all Wesley’s Ministries and Programs and Welcome to Wesley Brochure that is available to visitors. Develop new brochures and print materials as needed.
- Update and maintain the church website. Propose improvements to the website when appropriate. Oversee redesign of the website when appropriate.
- Oversee WUMC presence in Social Media.
- Attend Weekly Wesley Staff Meeting.
- Attend Quarterly Wesley Program Staff Meeting.
- Attend Monthly Administrative Council Meeting.
- Communicate and publicize WUMC events and activities through conference and community with press releases, flyers, posters, etc.
- The person will be available to consult with Wesley Bright Beginnings Director regarding pre-school communication to ensure consistency.