Wesley UMC Bloomington is seeking a capable person to fill the position of Receptionist/Office Assistant. This position requires 40 hours/week (8:00-4:30), working in the church office. The Receptionist/Office assistant handles a wide variety of responsibilities on behalf of the church, requiring interpersonal and clerical skills, confidentiality and promptness, collaboration and commitment to Wesley UMC. To apply, submit resume/CV and cover letter to Myrna Simpson. For more information contact Pastor Sara Isbell. Anticipated start-date is October 1 or sooner.
Objective: The Receptionist/Office Assistant is the initial contact representative of the Church and is responsible for respectfully directing people based on needs of individual or companies who contact the Church in person, by phone, or electronically.
Summary: The Receptionist provides administrative and receptionist support for the Church.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. General administrative support:
· Greet visitors and answer the telephone in a pleasing and professional manner.
· Direct guests and callers to appropriate person for assistance.
· Assist people with copier and other office machines as needed.
· Enter weekly worship attendance information.
· Distribute daily mail, placing any offering checks in the safe.
· Monitor and purchase office supplies, offering envelopes, and letterhead/envelopes.
· Maintain office equipment, contacting service departments as needed.
· Coordinate bulk mailings.
· Recruit and coordinate volunteers to assist with newsletter mailings, annual stewardship appeal, and other special projects or mailings.
· Maintain church master calendar.
· Coordinate Building Use requests and maintain schedule for vehicle use.
· Prepare letters to donors of memorial gifts.
· Prepare letters and copy materials needed for All Saints Day, Golden Anniversary celebration, rummage sale, and other special events.
· Assist with sale of tickets in office for special events.
· Request pamphlets as needed for refilling distribution rack or display at Welcome Center or Lobby, in coordination with the Director of Communications.
· Maintain schedule of riders and volunteers for Healing Rides in conjunction with Healing Rides coordinator.
· Monitor and answer camera building entrances.
2. Assist Business Administrator with annual stewardship appeal, coordinating mailings and letters as needed.
3. Contact hospitals daily and track hospital activity, deaths and prayer requests.
4. Handle wedding inquiries and consultation.
5. Assist with coordination of funerals, baptisms and weddings, including paperwork as primary contact.
6. Maintain petty cash fund: · Distribute cash as needed · Track receipts · Replenish fund when needed
7. Serve as back-up for other staff as needed.
8. Create, maintain and purge own files.
9. Perform other duties as may be necessary in the team ministry of the Church.
Qualifications, Skills, Abilities and Education Requirements
Education Level: High School degree or above
· Highly motivated, self-starting person committed to striving for excellence and integrity in their responsibilities
· Committed to holding sensitive information confidential
· Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks at the same time
· Exhibit professional skills, appearance, and conduct
· Excellent office skills
· Experience with currently utilized computer systems
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Enthusiasm, desire, energy, stamina, and personable attitude
Computer or special equipment knowledge:
· Word Processing (Microsoft Office products)
· Current Desktop Publishing software (Adobe Creative Suites and Photo Shop)
· Church Windows
· Telephone (multi-line)
· Folding machine
· Postage Machine
· Adding Machine